Piet's stretcher -updated- 2
My stretcher had been laying around unused for a while now so I thought it was about time I improved it again. There were 2 things I didn’t like about the previous attachment part of my stretcher, the inner rectangles which should provide lateral pressure but were too soft to do a good job and the need for a hoseclamp for tightening. The screw of the hoseclamp can show through your pants and the end sticks in your leg :s
The first problem I fixed by making a sort of minihanger with ridges for extra grip. For the second problem I used shoelaces and a Mechano part (metal strip with 3 holes). The shoelaces are already annoying me but the wood I used will probably break if I enlarge the holes to use a rope instead. I used the Mechano part because a wooden version broke while drilling holes in it grrr. To tighten the attachment part I first tie the shoelaces in a knot then I rotate the Mechano part and secure it with a shoelace through one of the holes.
I may replace the wooden parts by stronger wood and then I will also cut off the ends of the screws, anyway I thought it would be interesting to already show how it looks like and get some feedback :)
(33.4 KB, 2588 views)
(40.3 KB, 1538 views)
(27.7 KB, 1419 views)
(40.6 KB, 2348 views)