This is probably the most helpful thread I have ever read. Thanks also to Tutt, Buckfever and the other guys who compliment Kyrpa’s knowledge :-) .
Some of the questions you ask where also mine, Rocco25 :-D.
I use the lg hanger for load and then switch quickly to the phallosan, use the high red tension and measure my BPFSL with a ruler.
Maybe It can be a problem that the switch from the lg hanger to the phallosan is too long, it is approximately 1min 40 seconds.
My cycle was:
1) short warmup, slowly building up to 2kg. hang with them cold, no heat for 20 min
2) 30 min under immense IR heat, still 2kg
3) 10 min cooldown with 2kg still. [ I know, preferably I would use 2kg for 1) ,a bit more for 2) and still more for 3). I’m currently a beginner at hanging , that is why I use small weights in 2) and 3) )
Pre BPFSL: 17.5cm post BPFSL: 18.2 cm strain therefore: 4%
Is that a reason to be happy or is my measuring bad :-D. Strain seems crazy high for me since I expected to be a horrible gainer.
Besides, I’m still reading the thread, it is quite hard to get through the hundred pages haha.
But in terms of rest/decon break:
1) aim for 21-35 days. Guideline if a decon is necessary should be that the strain level decreases. Let us say below 2% or 2.2% after the workout
2) Then, take a rest for 4-6 weeks. Is that optimal or what would be suggested?
3) repeat the cycle with the same weight optimally.
Also, is it bad that I hang every day? From what I have heard from the big hanging gainers, you should definitely do that to avoid the retraction during pause days.
Should I hang 3 days on 2 off or another cycle or can I hang for the whole 21-35 days on?
I feel amazing to be able to learn so much, but it demands a lot from me cognitively :-P .
[before PE] Start BPFSL: 17.6cm start BPEL: 16.7cm
[currently on decon] latest BFPSL: 19.7cm latest BPEL: 18.5cm